As our first week’s Five Faves Friday was all about tea, it’s only fair that our second is all about cake!
If you’re lucky enough to have a mum like mine, you’ll know just how good home made cakes are. So here are our five fave cakes!
- Lemon Drizzle- smooth cake draped in icing filled with flavours. Nothing better to clear your pallet
- Vicky sponge- this is a must have with a cuppa tea
- Chocolate sponge; chocolate filling, chocolate icing, chocolate buttons. Who can resist?!
- Carrot & Ginger Cake- Now as I said, mama Robbins makes the best cakes but put this with plum syrup and lemon sorbet and it is to die for!
- Batten-berg- it tastes just as good as the colours look!
Keep checking up on here and you might just come across one of Mama Robbins’ cake recipes!